PPN – The Leading Source of Industry News on Polymer Pipes and Plastic Pipe Failure
Court Case Against the Largest Plastic Pipe Extruder in North America Takes Surprising Turn
Alert on Imported PEX Piping Failures
- Despite the flexibility of PEX piping and being highly resistant to breakage it can undergo brittle cracking in service due to exhausted antioxidant reserves.
- PEX piping is an easy-to-install alternative to copper pipe however quality assurance checks should be done on PEX pipe particularly that imported from Asia.
- ExcelPlas Labs use a range of analytical techniques to assist all stakeholders (Building Owners, Facility Management, Body Corporate, Insurance companies, Plumbers and Hydraulics Engineers) to better understand the composition, quality and durability of imported PEX piping. Our fully trained professional staff can conduct in-situ sampling on site and sampling of provided reference pipes (from spare rolls or off-cuts).
Contact ExcelPlas Labs to assess the quality of PEX piping.
DIY Plumbing Pipe Failure Sampling Kit (New)
ExcelPlas can supply homeowners and builder owners a pipe sampling kit for locating and removal failed pipe section for forensic analysis.
The kit contains a pressure gauge for measuring mains pressure, a temperature probe for measuring hot water temperatures, a pipe cutting tool, sample bags for preserving the samples and instructions on how to repair the failure site.
Is PEX Pipe Safe for Drinking Water? Your Health on PEX, PVC, or Copper (Podcast)
Australians are Furious that they Did Not Get Alerted About Potential Lead Poisoning from Leaching Pipes
Tone Deaf Fletcher Directors Keep Stumbling at Hurdles
Even after investors tipped in another $750 million of fresh capital earlier this year, its current market capitalisation (at Friday, Nov. 23) is $1.2 billion lower than it began 2017
Haughton Pipeline Duplication Project (HPDP) (Update)
Iplex was awarded the supply of the 1.8 metre diameter pipe for $215 million Stage 1 of the HPDP
New HDPE Pipeline Project Earmarked for Tassie
Project involves submarine PE pipe of approximately 6,875 m and 4,222 m of land-based PE pipe
The Problem Solver- The Swiss army Knife of Pipe Fittings (Universal Transition Fitting)
ExcelPlas as Australia’s Independent Pipe Testing Organisation Sets up a Plastic Pipe Failure Register
The register will record and track failures in HDPE, PEX, Polypropylene and Polybutylene Pipe Across Australia
If you know of recent failures in plastic pipes please contact email@example.com
BOSSPIPE Centrifugally Cast Glass Reinforced Plastic Pipes Approved for Non-Pressure Sewerage Applications (Empire Infrastructure Pty Ltd)
SUPERLIT® Filament Wound GRP Jacking Pipes Approved for Non-Pressure Applications (Clover Pipelines Pty Ltd)
Australian Company Provides Complete Range of Piping Systems for Pressure and Drainage Applications
Prefabricated Polyethylene Pipes are a Cost Effective Method of Pipeline Construction
Iplex Pipelines Hiring Distribution Team Leader
Fortescue’s Solomon Mine Seeking Operators with Knowledge of Electrofusion Welding of Polyethylene & Advanced Knowledge of Pipelines
ExcelPlas has been a recognized as the Australian leader in providing consulting services, technical expertise and failure analysis to the plastics pipes industry since 1993. What we do is simple, we solve plastic pipe problems and find economic solutions that help drive product development to yield higher quality pipes and fittings. From consulting and technical expertise to polymer engineering, ExcelPlas can help!
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- Accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2018 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬