Your Global Source of Poly Pipe News and Technology
Chevron Pioneering Technology in PE100 Solves Industry’s Pipeline Challenges
Wavin Publish Handbook on “The Powerful Electrofusion System for PE Pressure Pipelines”
Pre-qualification tests on the new Electrofusion Coupler design to satisfy Australian Coal Seam Gas (CSG) Industry
Assessing Remaining Service Life of HDPE Pipelines (How Long Will My Asset Last?)
ExcelPlas has developed Protocol for Determining the Remaining Service Life of In-Service HDPE Pipelines
The 5 step protocol is based on lab testing to measure the following:
I. The oxidative induction time (OIT) profiling to assess whether or not oxidation protection is still afforded by the additives.
II. Measure the carbonyl index (CI) to assess extent of any polymer oxidation that has occurred.
III. Determine the critical CI at which stress cracking (SC) is initiated.
iV. Measure stress cracking resistance (SCR) to determine the time until SC is initiated.
V. Measure the depth of micro cracking on 180 degree bent coupons by Scanning Electron Microscopy
Arrow Energy Issues Report on CSG in Surat Basin
Large Bore Squeeze-Off of HDPE Pipe (Emergency Valve Change-Out in Surat Basin, Queensland)
Friction Loss Calculator in Excel for Pipes, Fittings and Values (Free for PPN Readers)
Information Session – PE Pressure Pipe (Darwin) 14th November 2018
Updates for Northern Australia by Representatives from Vinidex and Power and Water Corporation
Pipe Manufacturer Issues Video Warning on Effects of Copper on Polypropylene Pipes
They state the Rate of Oxidation of the PP-R pipes Increases 10,000 times in presence of Copper Piping
New Report on PVC Piping – Impacts on Health and Critical Infrastructure (Declassified)
Failure & Damage to Plastic Pipes and Its Consequences (A Review)
Introducing the Multiple-Angle TOFD Wedge For Non-Destructive Testing HDPE Butt Fusion Welds
AGRU Podcast: Stress Testing the HDPE Pipe Ocean Cleanup System
Fragility Assessments of Multi-Story Piping Systems within a Seismically Isolated Low-Rise Building
Acu-Tech Piping Seeking Plastic Pipe Fabricator
NATA Lab for HDPE Pipe Weld Testing
ExcelPlas Labs (Australia) can perform weld testing of HDPE pipe, butt welds or electrofusion welds. ExcelPlas an independant NATA-accrediated poly testing company which provides weld testing of HDPE pipe, raw material, and fittings. ExcelPlas Labs equipped with NATA accredited testing facilities specialising in tensile testing of butt welds and peel decohesions for Electrofusion welds, as well as a complete range of QA/QC tests.
NATA Accredited Laboratory Tests performed by ExcelPlas Labs include:
• Tensile Testing of butt welded joints to ISO 13953 – Polyethylene (PE) pipes and fittings – Determination of the tensile strength and failure mode.
• Bend Testing of butt welded joints to BS EN 12814.1 – 2000 – Testing of welded joints – Bend test.
• Electrofusion joint Peel Decohesion testing to ISO 13954 – Peel decohesion test for electrofusion assemblies.
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- Accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact email@example.com
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2018 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬