PPN- The Leading Source of Industry News on Polymer Pipes and Plastic Pipe Testing
Global News on Plastic Piping and Fittings
NEWSMAKERS: * Aliaxis * Borealis * ExcelPlas * GF Piping * Georg Fischer * Iplex * PE100 * Plastic Pipes Conference * PPN * PPXX * PVC Pipes * Rehau * Wavin
Aliaxis Global Leader in Plastic Piping Reports Solid Performance in a Challenging COVID-19 Context
• Revenue of €2.9 billion, decrease of 6.7%
• Net profit of €199 million, up 8.2%.
Aliaxis Seeking Group Risk and Insurance Manager
Iplex Pipelines Seeking National Marketing Manager
Aliaxis Seeking R&D Platform Leader
Detection Algorithm of Defects on Polyethylene Gas Pipes using Image Recognition
Prescott, AZ has Suffered Decades of Pipe Failures From PVC pipes – Now it Has Ruled Not to Allow PVC Pipes to be Used as Water Mains in the Future
Borealis Awarded Patent for New HDPE Pipe Resin
Aliaxis Seeking Category Manager Resins & Additives Europe for Plastic Piping
Wavin Launches New Generation of Low-Noise Pipe (LNP) Systems to Address the Challenges of Rapid Urbanization in APAC
REHAU Launches EVERLOC+ Compression-Sleeve Fitting System for Commercial Plumbing and Hydronic PEX Piping Applications
Use of HDPE Pipe Booming for Booms
Free Guidebook on How to Repair HDPE Pipes
GF Piping Systems Garners Supplier Award from Intel
GF Piping Systems Come to the Rescue to Texas Deep Freeze Disaster Victims
Rehau Rautitan PEX Piping Video
Correlation of the Cyclic Cracked Round Bar Test and Hydrostatic Pressure Test for U-PVC Pipe
Plastic Pipes Conference in Amsterdam September 6-8, 2021
POLY PIPE TESTING SERVICES
ExcelPlas Offers ‘One Stop Shop’ for Plastic Pipe Testing Services:
- Tensile strength for butt fusion – ISO13953
- Ring stiffness PE pipes – ISO9969
- Ring stiffness GRP pipes – ISO7685
- Carbon black content – ISO6964
- Pigment or Carbon black dispersion – ISO1855
- Dimension / Geometrical – ISO3126
- Flexural modulus – ISO178
- Charpy impact pipe – ISO9854
- Mechanical testing
- Environmental exposure testing
- Recycling evaluations
- Failure analysis
- Third party testing and verification
- Pigment dispersion and homogeneity
- Raw material quality vs. gels
- Thickness distribution of the profile
- Presence of notches in the tube profile
- Stress-crack resistance
- UV testing
PPN DIGITAL MARKETING
Why Advertise with PPN?
- PPN is the most published plastic pipe-focussed news platform worldwide and continues to lead and inform the plastic pipe industry on the latest in poly pipe technologies, innovations, and market trends.
- Increase your engagement levels with our global polymer pipe audience – positioning your brand as a thought leader within the industry .
- Exposure on the no.1 ranked plastic pipe industry news website in terms of unique visitors delivering measurable and reportable results in the form of hard leads with fellow industry experts opening communication channels that were not available to your business beforehand.
- PPN delivers highly targeted and cost effective sales leads with a range of options to suit all budgets and needs.
- Content Marketing Team – PPN with our clients from strategy through to production and distribution, promoting your poly pipe solutions accompanied by industrial insight from our team to deliver measurable tangible results.
PPN Now Offering Digital Marketing Packages
- Easily create, manage and post your news to a targeted global audience.
- Generate webinar and podcast links so your attendees can quickly save the date.
- Get real-time insights on how your marketing campaigns are performing.
- Effortlessly reach practically all the players in the poly pipe industry worldwide with one click.
Get More Poly Pipe News
ExcelPlas Labs Pipe Failure Investigations
ExcelPlas Labs have created a new benchmark in failure analysis of HDPE, PP-R, PB and PEX pipes in addition to PVC & CPVC pipes as well as composite GRP and GRE pipes. When a plastic pipeline fails to perform as intended, our team can determine the root cause of failure (e.g. oxidative failure, chemical failure, creep failure, over-stress failure, fatigue failure, design failure, etc). ExcelPlas are experienced with all plastic piping failure modes and mechanisms including Slow Crack Growth (SCG) Rapid Crack Propagation (RCP), Environmental Stress Crack Resistance (ESCR), Oxidative Stress Cracking (OSC), cyclic fatigue, manufacturing defects, and polymer material problems.
ExcelPlas Strain Hardening Test (SHT) for HDPE Pipes
The SHT in accordance with ISO 18488 is a relatively new, but excellent way to obtain a rapid indication of the Stress Crack Growth (SCG) resistance of your piping material. This tensile test performed at 80°C has become in just a few years the new standard for Batch Release Testing (BRT). And not without reason. The test requires only a very small amount of material, the results are very reliable with a very low inter-laboratory scatter and the results are available within a few days, regardless of the PE grade. The SHT is usually performed on resin material but it can also be performed on samples taken directly from pipes or sheets. As accredited lab, EXCELPLAS is happy to discuss the possibilities with you, whether it is for BRT, benchmarking, quality control of your (high performing) PE grade or for polymer compliance/ validation.
Australian Plastic Pipe Testing Laboratory
ExcelPlas Laboratories provides a comprehensive plastic pipe joint testing service and is equipped with a state of the art laboratory to test a range of polymer materials including polyethylene and polypropylene. ExcelPlas can carry out testing on plastic tube and pipe ranging in wall thickness from 3 mm to 80 mm. ExcelPlas Laboratories provide a comprehensive service to Industrial & commercial companies, environmental consultants, Government bodies and local Authority customers throughout Australia & NZ. All testing is carried and out in accordance with ISO & ASTM methods and is fully accredited to ISO 17025 by NATA.
Australia’s Plastic Pipe Testing Laboratory
ExcelPlas Laboratories provides a comprehensive plastic pipe joint testing service and is equipped with a state of the art laboratory to test a range of polymer materials including polyethylene and polypropylene. ExcelPlas can carry out testing on plastic tube and pipe ranging in wall thickness from 20mm to 1200mm. ExcelPlas Laboratories provide a comprehensive service to Industrial & commercial companies, environmental consultants, Government bodies and local Authority customers throughout Australia and Asia.
All testing is carried and out in accordance with ASTM, ISO & WIS methods and is fully accredited to ISO 17025 by NATA.
• Butt Fusion Weld Testing
• Weld Testing
• Testing of Electro-fusion Welds
• Tear on saddle joints
• Crush De-cohesion of Electro-fusion welds
• Polymer & Plastics Identification
• Chemical & Thermal Testing
• Site Audits
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- Accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2021 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬
PPN is owned and operated by ExcelPlas Pty Ltd. By subscribing to PPN you agree to receiving regular PPN newsletters as well as the PPN platform using your email contact details to enhance the performance and functionality of PPN and its analytics reports. These email contact details allow PPN to track page views and create more targeted and relevant content. PPN provides an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each PPN newsletter.