PPN- The Leading Source of Industry News on Polymer Pipes and Plastic Pipe Failure
NEWSMAKERS: * AGRU * Aliaxis * Friatec * ExcelPlas * Iplex * Plasson * Vinidex
Set-Up of Australian National Register for Polymer Pipe Failure
The register will record location of PE, PEX, PB and PP-R pipe failure around Australia and the circumstances of failure
If you know of plastic pipe failures please contact the public access database on [email protected]
US Patent for New System for Connecting PEX Pipes
Chinese Discover Method to Manufacture Super Tough Reinforced HDPE Pipes
Largest HDPE Pressure Pipe Installed in North America (Press Release)
Iplex Parent Reports Full Year Financial Results
Australian Poly Solutions Specialises in HDPE Pipe Fusion Welding and Hydrostatic Testing Services with Knowhow and Experience you can rely on
Land for Sale Near Vinidex and Iplex Pipe Manufacturing Sites in QLD
Belgian Pipes Company to Merge Friatec and Akatherm FIP
Friatec Publish Comprehensive Assembly Instructions for EF Fittings on HDPE Pipes
Jail Sentence for QLD Plumber in Pipe and Pump Installation Fraud
Aliaxis Modernises Order Fulfilment & Logistical Processes with Honeywell to Gain Competitive Advantage in Pipe and Fittings Business
Plasson Share Price Slides Over Last Six Months
Best Management Practice in the Use of HDPE-Lined Pipelines
The Effect of Negative Temperatures on the Bend Strength Characteristics of the Polyethylene Pipelines (New Research)
Comparative Study of Axial and Circumferential Defects Severity on the Failure of Polypropylene (PP-R) Pipes
Improving Pipe Failure Predictions: Factors Affecting Pipe Failure in Drinking Water Networks
Reece Publish Brochure on New EvoPEX Pipe Connectors
Lawsuit Over Improper Installation of HDPE Pipeline
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- Accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact [email protected]
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2019 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬