PPN- The Leading Source of Industry News on Polymer Pipes and Plastic Pipe Failure
Plastic Pipes Welding Brings McElroy Machines To Middle East
Plastic Pipes Welding hosts McElroy’s fusion machines in Dubai
Evaluation of Accelerated Aging of Cross-Linked Polyethylene (PEX) Pipes by Applying Machine Learning Concepts to Infrared Spectra
Effect of Chlorine Dioxide on Plastic Pipes [PDF]
Plastic Pipe Conference 2019 – Speakers Announced by SPE
PEX Piping Failures Due to Chlorinated Water [PDF]
Plastic Pipeline Company Wins Big on New Pipeline Rules
Plastic Pipe Institute (PPI) Issues List of New Rule Changes
News Toronto Video on Faulty Plastic Pipes in Condo Apartments
Efficient Installations: Welding HDPE Pipes Using Poly Electrofusion Fittings
IPEX Publish Catalogue on PE Electrofusion Systems for Gas and Water
Manual for Testing HDPE Pipe Publishes
Geberit Piping Annual Report (Declassified)
Health Ministry Audits Christchurch Hospital Water Piping
Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of Polyethylene for Pipes by Energy Approach During Tensile and Fatigue Tests
Is Your PEX Pipe a Quality Product? Get it Tested!
With PEX Pipe it is critical that there is consistent and uniform crosslinking throughout the entire pipe wall during the manufacturing process since this improves performance properties such as optimal thermal memory, elasticity, elevated temperature strength, chemical resistance, environmental-stress-crack resistance, slow-crack-growth resistance, and abrasion resistance. ExcelPlas can test the degree of cross linking through the wall thickness of the pipe. Despite the flexibility of PEX piping and being highly resistant to breakage it can undergo brittle cracking in service due to exhausted antioxidant reserves.
PEX piping is an easy-to-install alternative to copper pipe however quality assurance checks should be done on PEX pipe particularly that imported from Asia. ExcelPlas Labs use a range of analytical techniques to assist all stakeholders (Building Owners, Facility Management, Body Corporate, Insurance companies, Plumbers and Hydraulics Engineers) to better understand the composition, quality and durability of imported PEX piping. Our fully trained professional staff can conduct in-situ sampling on site and sampling of provided reference pipes (from spare rolls or off-cuts). Contact ExcelPlas Labs to assess the quality of PEX piping.
Australian NATA Testing Lab for HDPE Pipe Weld Testing
ExcelPlas Labs (Australia) can perform weld testing of HDPE pipe, butt welds or electrofusion welds. ExcelPlas an independant NATA-accrediated poly testing company which provides weld testing of HDPE pipe, raw material, and fittings. ExcelPlas Labs equipped with NATA accredited testing facilities specialising in tensile testing of butt welds and peel decohesions for Electrofusion welds, as well as a complete range of QA/QC tests.
NATA Accredited Laboratory Tests performed by ExcelPlas Labs include:
• Tensile Testing of butt welded joints to ISO 13953 – Polyethylene (PE) pipes and fittings – Determination of the tensile strength and failure mode.
• Bend Testing of butt welded joints to BS EN 12814.1 – 2000 – Testing of welded joints – Bend test.
• Electrofusion joint Peel Decohesion testing to ISO 13954 – Peel decohesion test for electrofusion assemblies.
Do you have any Poly Pipe Industry News that you want to Announce Globally to a Targeted Audience in Plastic Pipes? Contact: email@example.com
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- Accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2019 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬