Your Global Source of Poly Pipe News and Technology
PIPA lists TEPPFA’s “100 Year Service Life of Polypropylene and Polyethylene Gravity Sewer Pipes” technical Report
PIPA Launches New Website
PIPA Guideline POP004 Updated October 2018
Polyethylene Pipe and Fittings Compounds Issue 14 has been updated to include to additional materials, namely:
– Borealis PE100 resin grade HE3490-DS-H
– Polypacific Polycomp 6030 UVH 6350 Bright Orange PE100 striping compound
Australian Butt Fusion Training Package Endorsed
Training unit was developed by the IRC with support from subject matter specialists on the Butt Fusion Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)
VicRoads Publishes List of Accepted Poly Pipes and Drainage Products
Going Underground to Investigate Misconceptions about PE Sewer Pipes
HDPE for Large Diameter Pipe Applications: Water Main Applications
New Intelligent Data Cable will be inside a 286 km long HDPE Pipe
Spark’s ‘pink pipes’ head through Whanganu
Latest Poly Pipe Appraisals from Water Service Association of Australia
Rodney Industries. A Division of Vinidex. Poly. Mains. HDPE RUBBER RING JOINT (RR) Mainline Fittings to Suit UPVC PRESSURE PIPELINES
All the Latest news and Trend on Poly Pipes
New Patented Method for Inspecting High Density Polyethylene Pipe Butt Welds
Aging Mechanism Of Polyethylene Pipe Material In Chlorine Dioxide And Hypochlorite Solution [PDF]
Effects of Welding Parameters on the Integrity and Structure of HDPE Pipe Butt Fusion Welds
Multilayer Polymer Pipes – Possible Utilization Of Recycled Material [PDF]
Electrofusion Welder Hire in Australia
Butt Fusion Defined by Brian Hauger Consulting
Pipe Company Invests $6.2M in PP Pipe Production
Design Guidelines for Polyethylene-Lined Steel Piping
Amec Foster Wheeler Hiring Pipeline Engineer for Brisbane
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- Accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact email@example.com
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2018 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬