PPN- The Leading Source of Industry News on Polymer Pipes and Plastic Pipe Testing
Keep Up-to-Date During Corona Isolation with PPN
NEWSMAKERS: * ADS Pipe * Aliaxis * ChemChina * Enviro Pipes * Equistar * ExcelPlas * Georgiou * GF Piping * LyondellBasell * PE100 * PPI * PPN * PP-R * PVC * QENOS * Reece * Viadux
United States Government Bars US Investment in Three Chinese Refiners Including Qenos Parent ChemChina
Breaking News: GF Piping Rolls Out Plan to Eliminate Carbon Footprint in US
New Patent Granted for ‘Next Generation’ Bimodal HDPE Pipe Resins
Viadux and Reece Civil Have Joined Forces to Deliver the Most Complete Service in the Pipe and Fitting Industry in Australia
Georgiou Chooses ADS Pipe for Multi-Million Dollar Queensland Project
ADS HDPE Pipe was selected over RCP and FRC Pipe due to faster laying and higher load capacity
High Margins of Plastic Pipe Makers Unlikely to Sustain Going Forward
NZ Trenchless Project Using Revolutionary HDPE Pipe Handling Excavator Attachment Wins Award
Case Study Exploring the Ongoing Problem of PP-R Pipe Failure
Massive Class Action Lawsuit Launched Against the City of Thunder Bay for Leaking Pipes
Fracture Behaviour of Polyethylene Gas Pipe Under Foundation Settlement
Turtles Fed PE100 Pipe Resin Microplastics Developed Adverse Effects
Releases of Fire-Derived Contaminants from Water Pipes Made of PVC Polymer
Circular Plastics Alliance for Poly Pipes: A Step Closer To 10 Million Tonnes Of Recycled Plastics
GF Piping Systems Video: The Revolution for Efficient Cooling
Aliaxis Seeks CRM & Project Coordination Manager
Enviro Pipes Pty Ltd Granted Approval for PE100 Spigot Fittings for PE Pipe
MARKET INTELLIGENCE REPORTS (SPECIAL OFFER JUST $500 EACH)
Stay on Top of All Competitive Threats, Changes, and Trends Within Defined Poly Pipe Market Segment
PPN Offering Geosynthetic Market Intelligence Reports Using Augmented Analytics (NEW)
Report rich with competitor and customer data on your specific products and/or services
Get More Poly Pipe News HERE:
Analysing Causes of Poly Pipe Failure
If you want to assess the current condition and the residual estimate lifetime of polymer pipes, one key element is to know the important factors contributing to the failure – and how do those factors play out in the real world. Identifying risk factors for pipe failure such as temperature, cyclic pressure, copper ions, chlorine, free-radicals and other impact factors.
ExcelPlas polymer researchers investigate the most common factors in polymer pipe failure and cracking.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing Labs can test PVC PIPES to the below-listed PVC Piping Standards :
- ASTM D1785 -Standard Specification for PVC Plastic Pipe, Schedule 40, 80, and 120
- ASTM D2241 -Standard Specification for PVC Pressure-Rated Pipe (SDR Series)
- ASTM D2672 -Standard Specification for Joints for IPS PVC Pipe Using Solvent Cement
- ASTM D2729 – Standard Specification for PVC Sewer Pipe and Fitting.
- ASTM D2464 -Standard Specification for Threaded PVC Plastic Pipe Fitting, Schedule 80
- ASTM D2466 -Standard Specification for PVC Plastic Pipe Fittings, Schedule 40
- AWWA C605 -Underground Installation of PVC and PVC-O Pressure Pipe and Fitting
- ASTM F441- Standard Specification for Chlorinated Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (CPVC) Plastic Pipe, Schedules 40 and 80
- ASTM D2665 – PVC Drain, Waste and Vent (DWV) Pipe, and Fittings
- EN 1329 – PVC Piping for Soil and Waste Discharge – Dimensions
- EN 1401 – PVC Piping Systems for Non-Pressure Underground Drainage and Sewerage
- EN 1453 – PVC Piping with Structured-Walls
More Poly Pipe News
ExcelPlas Labs Pipe Failure Investigations
ExcelPlas Labs have created a new benchmark in failure analysis of HDPE, PP-R, PB and PEX pipes in addition to PVC & CPVC pipes as well as composite GRP and GRE pipes. When a plastic pipeline fails to perform as intended, our team can determine the root cause of failure (e.g. oxidative failure, chemical failure, creep failure, over-stress failure, fatigue failure, design failure, etc). ExcelPlas are experienced with all plastic piping failure modes and mechanisms including Slow Crack Growth (SCG) Rapid Crack Propagation (RCP), Environmental Stress Crack Resistance (ESCR), Oxidative Stress Cracking (OSC), cyclic fatigue, manufacturing defects, and polymer material problems.
ExcelPlas Strain Hardening Test (SHT) for HDPE Pipes
The SHT in accordance with ISO 18488 is a relatively new, but excellent way to obtain a rapid indication of the Stress Crack Growth (SCG) resistance of your piping material. This tensile test performed at 80°C has become in just a few years the new standard for Batch Release Testing (BRT). And not without reason. The test requires only a very small amount of material, the results are very reliable with a very low inter-laboratory scatter and the results are available within a few days, regardless of the PE grade. The SHT is usually performed on resin material but it can also be performed on samples taken directly from pipes or sheets. As accredited lab, EXCELPLAS is happy to discuss the possibilities with you, whether it is for BRT, benchmarking, quality control of your (high performing) PE grade or for polymer compliance/ validation.
Australian Plastic Pipe Testing Laboratory
ExcelPlas Laboratories provides a comprehensive plastic pipe joint testing service and is equipped with a state of the art laboratory to test a range of polymer materials including polyethylene and polypropylene. ExcelPlas can carry out testing on plastic tube and pipe ranging in wall thickness from 3 mm to 80 mm. ExcelPlas Laboratories provide a comprehensive service to Industrial & commercial companies, environmental consultants, Government bodies and local Authority customers throughout Australia & NZ. All testing is carried and out in accordance with ISO & ASTM methods and is fully accredited to ISO 17025 by NATA.
Australia’s Plastic Pipe Testing Laboratory
ExcelPlas Laboratories provides a comprehensive plastic pipe joint testing service and is equipped with a state of the art laboratory to test a range of polymer materials including polyethylene and polypropylene. ExcelPlas can carry out testing on plastic tube and pipe ranging in wall thickness from 20mm to 1200mm. ExcelPlas Laboratories provide a comprehensive service to Industrial & commercial companies, environmental consultants, Government bodies and local Authority customers throughout Australia and Asia.
All testing is carried and out in accordance with ASTM, ISO & WIS methods and is fully accredited to ISO 17025 by NATA.
• Butt Fusion Weld Testing
• Weld Testing
• Testing of Electro-fusion Welds
• Tear on saddle joints
• Crush De-cohesion of Electro-fusion welds
• Polymer & Plastics Identification
• Chemical & Thermal Testing
• Site Audits
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- Accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact [email protected]
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2020 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs