Piping up: $A136 million of upgrades underway in Queensland
SEQ Publishes Approved List of HDPE Pipe and Fittings
EF Fittings Approved – Georg Fischer/Iplex, Friatec/Philmac, Plasson/Vinidex
ExcelPlas offering a Free Bucket of 60 Large Format ISO Poly Wipes with every pipe weld over 350 mm received for tensile testing
ISO Poly Wipes are essential for removal of contamination before Fusion Welding
contact: [email protected]
APIA/PIPA CSG Seminar and Exhibition (Brisbane)
TO SHOWCASE opportunities and developments in CSG piping
HDPE Pipe Recycling Network established for Queensland
Call for removal of scrap HDPE Pipe Stockpiles – Free Removal in Surat Basin
Call Troy Sticklen on 0434-741-914
Approvals for New Pipelines – Santos GLNG Gas Field Development Project (Feb 3, 2015)
$130 million HDPE Pipe upgrade for Brisbane’s century-old sewer
the latest trenchless technology will be used to reline the old concrete pipe with new polyethylene pipe
TARIFF CONCESSION ORDERS REFUSED FOR IMPORTED PEX PIPE having ALL of the following: • wall thickness NOT less than 2.2 mm and NOT greater than 4.4 mm; • minimum burst pressure NOT less than 5.5 MPa and NOT greater than 8 MPa • maximum operating pressure NOT greater than 500 kPa; • compliance with Australian Standard AS 4176.8-2010
Reason for refusal Substitutable goods produced in Australia by Reliance Worldwide Corporation, Dandenong South, VIC
NQ Water Services seeking skilled Poly Pipe Welderwho has mine site experience in the welding and installation of HDPE dewatering discharge pipe systems
Butt Welding of Double Walled Pipe (Free Download)
Mastermyne Water Services Capability Statement – Poly Pipe Welding Large and Small
Fusion Plastics seeking Experienced Plastic FabricatorApplicants must have butt-fusion, electro-fusion and extrusion welding certification
Peter Mourtzios Weld TechWith over 25 years experience in construction of water, sewer and gas mains, Nathan recognised a widening void between frequent design and use of polyethylene pipe and qualified, competent technicians to weld and install accordingly.
Market welcomes talk of Santos GLNG pipeline sale
Australian ENERGY Pipeline Research Centre- End of Jan 2015 Update
This Newsletter is brought to you by ExcelPlas Pipe Testing Labs (Dalby and Melbourne)
• Quality Assurance and Poly Pipe Weld Testing of HDPE pipes during installation is a regular part of Excelplas’ work.
• We work with some of the largest pipe installers in Australia to ensure the quality and longitivity of pipe systems in CSG and water infrastructure projects through poly pipe weld testing.
• We have years of experience in examining butt weld and electrofusion welds failures and are able to provide expert determination of where a failure lies (i.e. the operator, welding equipment or material).
• While forensic failure analysis is another service we offer, we would prefer to stop the failures, and this can be achieved by relatively low cost Quality Assurance work upon installation of HDPE pipe lines.
• Quality Assurance is performed by a destructive tensile (DT) test on selected field pipe welds. The number of sample welds taken for DT testing depends on the size of the pipeline installation and the likely effect of any failure.
• Our Dalby lab and Roma Depot enables pipe weld testing to be expedited, even on a same day basis when logistics allow, minimising disruption to construction while giving you confidence in your installations years into the future.