Your Global Source of Poly Pipe News and Technology
Port of Townsville receives first pipe shipment for Haughton Pipeline Duplication
Mayor Jenny Hill, General Manager of Iplex Rocla Australia Nicole Sumich Give Presentation
iPipe Services Appoints New CEO
iPipe Wins Major QGC Pipeline Maintenance Contract
NATA Certified Lab for HDPE Pipe Weld Testing Achieves Number One Status in Australia
ExcelPlas Labs (Australia) can perform weld testing of HDPE pipe, butt welds or electrofusion welds. ExcelPlas an independent NATA-accredited poly testing company which provides weld testing of HDPE pipe, raw material, and fittings. ExcelPlas Labs equipped with NATA accredited testing facilities specialising in tensile testing of butt welds and peel decohesions for Electrofusion welds, as well as a complete range of QA/QC tests for HDPE and Poly Pipes.
Vinidex Hiring Product Manager for PVC Pipe & Fittings
Vinidex Showcases StormPRO & SewerPRO Pipes in New Video
Iplex and Rocla Hiring Regional Product Manager
Murphy Pipe & Civil Launch MPC Kinetic
MPC Kinetic has officially celebrated the final pipelay of Wentworth to Broken Hill Pipeline Project (W2BH)
Introduction to PE Pipelines and Fittings (Australian Course)
Introduction to PE Pipelines and Fittings (NZ Course)
AS Standards Updated AS/NZS 4129, Fittings for polyethylene (PE) pipes for pressure applications, Standard, Revision, Manufacturing and Processing, PL-006, SA/SNZ
Corso Pacific Piping – New Australian HDPE Pipe Supplier
Aquatherm Issues Video Warning on Effects of Copper on PP-R Pipes
Rate of Oxidation of PP-R Increases 10,000 times in presence of Copper Piping
Surpass Green Pipe (PP-R) Limitations with Flowguard™ CPVC Pipe
Three Warning Signs that the Pipes in Your Home Need to be Replaced
NATA Lab for HDPE Pipe Weld Testing
ExcelPlas Labs (Australia) can perform weld testing of HDPE pipe, butt welds or electrofusion welds. ExcelPlas an independant NATA-accrediated poly testing company which provides weld testing of HDPE pipe, raw material, and fittings. ExcelPlas Labs equipped with NATA accredited testing facilities specialising in tensile testing of butt welds and peel decohesions for Electrofusion welds, as well as a complete range of QA/QC tests.
NATA Accredited Laboratory Tests performed by ExcelPlas Labs include:
- Tensile Testing of butt welded joints to ISO 13953 – Polyethylene (PE) pipes and fittings – Determination of the tensile strength and failure mode.
- Bend Testing of butt welded joints to BS EN 12814.1 – 2000 – Testing of welded joints – Bend test.
- Electrofusion joint Peel Decohesion testing to ISO 13954 – Peel decohesion test for electrofusion assemblies.
Others tests that ExcelPlas Labs perform are:
- Electrofusion joint Crush Decohesion testing to ISO 13955 – Plastics pipes and fittings – Crushing decohesion test for polyethylene (PE) electrofusion assemblies.
- Shear and Peel Strength tests on geomembrane HDPE liners to ASTM D6392 – Determining the Integrity of Nonreinforced Geomembrane Seams Produced Using Thermo-Fusion.
- Oxidation Induction Time (OIT) to 11357-6 – Determination of oxidation induction time.
- Melt Flow Rate Testing to ISO 1133 Plastics—Determination of the melt mass-flow rate (MFR) and the melt volume-flow rate (MVR) of thermoplastics.
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) to ISO 11357-1 – Differential Scanning Calorimetry Part 1 General Principles.
- Moisture and Volatile Content Analysis to ISO 15512 – Plastics — Determination of water content.
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- Accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2018 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬