Your Global Source of Poly Pipe News and Technology
ExcelPlas as Australia’s Independent Pipe Testing Organisation Sets up a Plastic Pipe Failure Register
The register will record and track failures in HDPE, PEX, Polypropylene and Polybutylene Pipe Across Australia
If you know of recent failures in plastic pipes please contact [email protected]
Water Corporation Selects PE100 HSCR for Groundwater Replenishment Pipeline (Breaking News)
Effects of Welding Parameters on the Integrity and Structure of HDPE Pipe Butt Fusion Welds
Rehau Publish Brochure for New PEX Pipe for Municipal Piping & Wastewater
Accelerated Aging of Polyethylene Pipe Grades in Aqueous Chlorine Dioxide at Constant Concentration (New Research)
Press Release – Robust Pipe Fusion with the Powerful Talon 2000
Testing Laboratory in Hong Kong Accused of Not Performing Proper Third-Party Testing of Plastic Pipes & Fittings
Polypropylene Pipe Liners to Make Pipes Last Longer
Stress Analysis in Polyethylene Pipes Joined by Electrofusion Sockets (Free Download)
New Acoustic Pipework Course from REHAU
NATA Lab for HDPE Pipe Weld Testing
ExcelPlas Labs (Australia) can perform weld testing of HDPE pipe, butt welds or electrofusion welds. ExcelPlas, an independent NATA-accredited poly testing company which provides weld testing of HDPE pipe, raw material, and fittings. ExcelPlas Labs equipped with NATA accredited testing facilities specialising in tensile testing of butt welds and peel decohesions for electrofusion welds, as well as a complete range of QA/QC tests.
NATA Accredited Laboratory Tests performed by ExcelPlas Labs include:
• Tensile Testing of butt welded joints to ISO 13953 – Polyethylene (PE) pipes and fittings – Determination of the tensile strength and failure mode.
• Bend Testing of butt welded joints to BS EN 12814.1 – 2000 – Testing of welded joints – Bend test.
• Electrofusion joint Peel Decohesion testing to ISO 13954 – Peel decohesion test for electrofusion assemblies.
Do you have any Poly Pipe Industry News that you want to Announce Globally to a Targeted Audience in Plastic Pipes?
Contact: [email protected]
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- Accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact [email protected]
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2018 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬