PPN- The Leading Source of Industry News on Polymer Pipes and Plastic Pipe Failure
NEWSMAKERS: * Aliaxis * CAPE * Civcon * ExcelPlas * Fletcher Building * McCoskers * Qenos * Vinidex
Hot Water Pipe Failure Causes Significant Flooding Damage to Melbourne Building (Breaking News)
Vinidex Parent Aliaxis Reports Mixed Financial Results due to Softening Market in Plastic Piping
Australian Poly Solutions Specialises in HDPE Pipe Fusion Welding and Hydrostatic Testing Services with Knowhow and Experience you can rely on
RITMO: APP – SET & GO! PRO Butt Fusion for Pressure Pipe
Qenos Market Segment Manager Wins Award for studies and technical papers particularly on high stress crack resistant polyethylene (PE100 HSCR)
Study on Poor Quality of Chinese Electrofusion Fittings for Pipe
CAPE Expressions of Interest – Experienced Poly Pipe Welders
Experimental Investigation on Pressure–Leakage Relation for High-Density Polyethylene Pipe
Correlation Between Isothermal Crystallization Properties and Slow Crack Growth Resistance of Polyethylene Pipe Materials
Civcon Civil & Project Management Pty Ltd Seeking HDPE Welding Supervisor
Sydney Water’s Innovative Approaches to Predict, Discover and Repair Leaks in Plastic Pipes
McCoskers Wins Supply, procurement of 8km of DN400 PE100 PN12.5 HDPE Pipe forBHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance
Modelling and Simulation of PE100 Pipe Response Under Transient Events Caused by Pump Failure
HDPE Pipe Life Expectancy Testing
Consulting on Plastic Pipes and Fittings
Our team of polymer consultants and analysts have a track record of quickly understanding and solving complex issues with plastic pipes and fittings
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- Accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2019 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬