Your Global Source of Poly Pipe News and Technology
Australia’s Leading Supplier of Bathroom and Plumbing Products Reece (ASX:REH) Completes its $1.9 Billion Acquisition
Hard Road Foretold for Fletcher’s Australian Plans
South Africa’s Plastic Piping Industry Body Insists on High Manufacturing Standards for Plastic Pipes
Vinidex Seeking Manufacturing Manager (Vinidex)
New Technical Committee Formed for Polypropylene Pipe
Uponor Announces New PEX Pipe Facility Now Operational
Melbourne Tour of PEX Pipe Manufacturing Facility
Pipe Failure Modelling in Water Distribution Networks
Electrofusion Jointing Of PE Pipe And Fittings For Pressure Applications (Updated June 2018)
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- The Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory is accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact email@example.com
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2018 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬