Your Global Source of Poly Pipe News and Technology
Vinidex, Friatec and McElroy Join Forces to Construct Sewer By-Pass Pipeline for Interflow’s Melbourne Sewer Rehabilitation
Iplex Pipelines Manufacturing Plant Tour (8th August 2018)
Advanced Piping Systems (Aust) Seeking Operations Manager
PIPA Release New Industry Guidelines for Polyethylene Drinking Water Pipes in Contact with Chlorine and Chloramine Disinfectants (New)
Friatec News – Jointing And Tapping Of EF Saddle Sa Xl D 500/250 On A Water Pipe (SDR11) Under Operating Pressure
Vinidex Friatec EF Fittings Webinar July 2018 (Declassified for Public Viewing) (New)
Interflow Appoints NZ General Manager (New)
Poly Pipe Training Schedule (July-Dec 2018) : Welding – Electrofusion and Polybutt Welding
Improved Pipe Supports to Extend Industrial Piping Service Life
Aliaxis Hiring Product Manager Vinidex – PE Fittings, High Rise and Pipe systems
Uponor Compares Material and Labor Costs of Five Pipe-System Types
Polyethylene Pipe Fusion Explained: Part I
Heat Fusion Joining Instruction To Assist Distribution Companies
Standards Australia Updating Slew of PE Pipe Standards (Internal Document)
QLD Poly Pipe Installer Kicking Goals with Sewer and Water Pipelines and Truck Mains
HDPE Pipeline Installation Through Solid Granite Using Trace-Safe™
Philmac Intends to Focus More on Collaboration with Group Companies GPS PE Pipe Systems and Durapipe UK
Chris Stathy Appointed to Board of EPA South Australia
Mr Stathy was Managing Director of Philmac Pty Ltd, a leading manufacturer and supplier of polyethylene pipe system fittings and valves to global markets
Poly Pro Pty Ltd Seeking Experienced Poly Welders for Growing Infrastructure Projects in Victoria
About Poly Pro Pty Ltd.
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- The Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory is accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact email@example.com
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2018 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬