Your Global Source of Poly Pipe News and Technology
Effect of Temperature and Pre-heat treatment on the Electrofusion Welding of Polyethylene Natural Gas Pipes (New)
Ultrasonic Phased Array Non-Destructive Testing and In-Service Inspection System for HDPE Pipe Welds with Automated Analysis Software
Iplex Pipelines Australia Pty Ltd Enterprise Agreement 2018 (Declassified)
Iplex Pipelines Seeking Extruder Operator for Perth (Jobs)
Senior Credit Controller Seeking Senior Credit Controller (Jobs)
Vinidex Seeking Shift Supervisor for Melbourne Plant (Jobs)
Australian Test Lab Specializing in Quality Assurance Testing of Butt Welds (ISO 13953) and Electrofusion Welds (ISO 13954)
Extensive Range of Friatec EF Fittings from Reece
Live Feed on Plasson Stock Price
PLASSON Pressure Recucing Fitting (Animation)
New ISO Standard for Pipes – ISO 11298-3:2018(en)
Plastics piping systems for renovation of underground water supply networks — Part 3: Lining with close-fit pipes
Glen Eden New Zealand Sewer Upgrade with Hobas GRP Pipe (New)
Mechanical Properties of Offshoring Polymer Composite Pipes at Various Temperatures (New)
Application of the FEA for Evaluating the Stress Distribution in Buried Damaged Polyethylene Gas Pipes (New)
New ASTM Standard Drafted for Gravity Flow Pipes (New)
Leakage Performance of Joints in Gravity Flow Pipes Subjected to Shear Force, Angular Misalignment, and Diameter Deformation
Laboratory Evaluation of Buried HDPE Pipes Subjected to Localized Ground Subsidence (New)
Australia Design Company Designs New PEX Pipe Crimping Tool (New)
New High Temperature Test Methods for PEX and PEX-Al-PEX Pipes (New)
Black & Decker Patent New Electric PEX Pipe Expanding Tool (New)
Uponor Patent New Method for Making PEX Pipe (New)
Chinese Develop New Process for Making PEX Pipe – Combination of Rotation Extrusion and Lightly Cross-linking (New)
Investigation Into the Failure of Chilled-Water-Pipe Insulation (New)
ExcelPlas – the Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory
- The Australian Pipes & Fittings Testing Laboratory is accredited to ISO 17025 by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia, and is Australia’s largest laboratory dedicated for the testing of plastic pipes and fittings to various Standards which include Australian, European and International Standards.
- The staff employed at the laboratory have a combined experience of more than 85 years within the plastics industry specifically with manufacturing, quality control and the research and development of plastic piping systems including HDPE, PEX, PP-R, PVC, U-PVC, M-PVC, O-PVC, ABS, GRP, GRE and PB.
- Services provided include conformance testing, compliance testing, batch release testing, root cause analysis for field failures and non-destructive testing of samples.
ExcelPlas Lab Specialising in HDPE Pipe Condition Monitoring, Failure Analysis and Testing
In the event of a HDPE buttweld or electrofusion weld failing during initial testing, or in service, we can conduct investigations to assist in identifying the root cause of the failure.
This service also extends to the premature failure of the pipe or fitting itself.
ExcelPlas Pipe Testing is a Leader in the Field of Polyethylene (PE) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Testing
ExcelPlas is accredited with the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for butt weld tests, bend and tensile tests, peel decohesion tests on electro fusion sockets and failure mode determination
New UHMWPE Pipe for Tailing Offers Greater Than 4X the Abrasion Resistance of PE100 (Australia wide)
ExcelPlas Poly Pipe Weld Inspection Lists Top 7 Causes of Weld Failure:
• Lack of scraping
• Inaccurate scraping
• Contamination from dirt, water, oil or clays
• Lack of Paralell-ness of fusion faces
• Misalignment of surfaces
• Time, temperature and pressure deviations
• Not adhering to cool times
We have extensive experience in inspection of poly pipe welds for assuring welded joint quality. Direct Poly Pipe Inspection ensures that operators are following the proven welding procedure; this reduces the occurrences of operational errors which lead to defects such as inclusions, lack of fusion (LoF), porosity and misalignment.
More information, contact [email protected]
Get Your HDPE Pipe Products or Services Noticed – Advertise in Poly Pipe News (PPN) Australia
This Newsletter is brought to you by Excelplas Labs, Australia’s Largest group of Poly Pipe Testing Labs.
Pipe Poly News (PPN) is now Australia’s most current and comprehensive source of news on Polyethylene pipes and Poly Pipe Welding;
Poly Pipe News is now sent to over 4500 Poly Pipe Industry Members every week.
2018 Copyright ExcelPlas Labs 🔬